Beginning Sous Vide Book
Do you want to try sous vide at home but don't know where to start?
Sous vide cooking is finally hitting the mainstream thanks to several popular chefs and TV shows like Thomas Keller, Top Chef, and Iron Chef America.
Even though some of the best chefs and restaurants in the world utilize sous vide cooking it's easy to do at home with the proper instruction!
That's where Beginning Sous Vide comes in!
We will teach you how the sous vide process works and what you need to know to get started using it at home. We cover the whole spectrum of sous vide equipment from $1,000 immersion circulators to using ziploc bags for free on your stove.
We also include over 100 of our favorite sous vide recipes and time and temperature combinations for more than 175 cuts of meat and types of vegetables and fish to get you started sous viding right away!
What You'll Get in This Book
Here are some of the topics covered in the more than 200 pages in Beginning Sous Vide
- Detailed introduction to sous vide and the steps involved in using it successfully
- The history of and science behind sous vide cooking
- More than 100 recipes for beef, pork, fish, vegetables, chicken, duck, lamb, and turkey
- Over 400 sous vide time and temperature combinations across 175 cuts of meat and types of fish and vegetables
- Comparisons of common sous vide setups including our recommendation for the "Beginning Home Setup", which only costs a few hundred dollars
- The basics of sous vide safety
- Over 30 of our best tips and tricks for successful sous vide cooking
- Temperature conversion charts to easily move between Celsius and Fahrenheit
- List of several of the top places to gather more information on sous vide cooking
Sample the Book Now
We understand it can be hard to buy a book without knowing what you're getting. In order to help you decide we've made the first 7 chapters of Beginning Sous Vide available for free so you can get a feel for the book.
You can view the sample chapters as a PDF download
or view them online
Who Beginning Sous Vide is Written For
People who are interested in finding out more about using sous vide at home. People who want to explore the various equipment options and cooking times as well as understand the science behind sous vide cooking.
Also people familiar with sous vide but who want access to over 100 easy to make sous vide recipes.
Who Beginning Sous Vide is Not Written For
Expert cooks who already know a lot about using sous vide and are only interested in learning about advanced sous vide techniques and recipes. As well as people overly concerned about the safety of sous vide, and anyone not willing to explore new cooking techniques.
Still Unsure? There's Also a 100% Guarantee
If this book does not give you the information you need to get started with sous vide cooking at home or you are unhappy with it for any reason, then you get your money back.
Really useful info on how and why to get started, without breaking the bank. It makes sous vide cooking much more accessible and less nerve-wracking
The time charts and temperature settings for each type of food is very important in this type of cooking. Seems like Jason's crew worked their hearts out putting this together
Something for just about any sous vide cook
-- beginner or long-time experimenter -- from the basics to a nice selection of recipes to detailed, easy-to-use time and temperature charts. Although I consider myself a pretty accomplished sous vider, I picked up a couple of new tricks.
If you've been curious about how sous vide can elevate your cooking skills, this book is a great place to start. Pick it up, and in no time you'll be impressing your friends and family
Jason Logsdon is a main contributor to CookingSousVide.com and the author of 2 sous vide cook books and the developer of a sous vide iPhone app. Jason is a home chef who is passionate about sous vide and making great tasting food in everyday kitchens. You can follow him on Twitter at @jasonlogsdon_sv
- includes most of the ebooks sold on the internet. Free for addition of one's own ebooks.